Finnish air pollutant inventory to the CLRTAP
Finland reports annually air pollutant emissions to
- the Secretariat of the UNECE Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution (CLRTAP) and
- to the European Environment Agency EEA
The air pollutants covered by the present reporting guidelines of the Convention (EB.AIR/GE.1/2002/7) are: sulphur, nitrogen oxides, ammonia, non-methane volatile organic compounds, carbon monoxide, particulate matter, heavy metals (cadmium, lead, mercury, and as additional information: arsenic, chromium, copper, nickel, selenium, zinc) and persistent organic pollutants (aldrin, chlordane, chlordecone, DDT, dieldrin, endrin, heptachlor, hexachlorobenzene (HCB), mirex, toxaphene, hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH), hexabromobiphenyl, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins/furans, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), and as additional information: short-chained chlorinated paraffins, pentachlorophenol).
- Air pollutant emissions are reported in the NFR tables (Nomenclature for reporting) annually by 15th February.
- The National Inventory Report (NIR) which includes information on emission trends and emission calculation methods is published annually by 15th March.
- Gridded emission data is reported by 1st May annually. The spatial distribution of emissions is presented by EMEP Grid (0.1 x 0.1 degree).
- Reporting guidelines of the Convention (EMEP)